Essential Machines is a technology startup on a mission to create a world with unhindered access to cutting edge healthcare.
At Essential Machines, we are working hard to create a novel intelligent system to enable surgical capabilities that are not possible today. As a Robotic Controls Engineer, you are responsible for the analysis and characterization of prototypes, as well as performance tuning of servo and arm control of the next generation medical robotic system. You will work very closely with mechanical and electrical engineers in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary team, on algorithm design, prototype evaluation and iteration, product development, and system integration.
● Provide critical analysis and characterization of robot servo control, kinematics, dynamics.
● Develop control algorithms and software modules to ensure safety and to improve performance of a medical robotic system.
● Facilitate hardware development and integration of new prototypes and products.
● Improve group workflow through tool building and teaching others.
● Support and track system quality, safety, and performance as it moves from design to manufacturing.
● Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
● Profound knowledge of robot kinematics, dynamics, and control theory.
● Strong programming skills in C/C++ and MATLAB, as well as hardware, software, and mechanism integration skills.
● Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
● Develop core software infrastructure for surgical robotics platform
● Design and review software architecture for major system components
● Support Navigation, Robot Controls, and User Interface teams in their development needs
● Support Integration team in development of software testing platforms
● Support Clinical team in development of rapid software prototypes for user testing